Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A Vintage Rose Emporium Exclusive-Old Shoe Transformation Inspired By Marie Antionette

Hello Crafty Friends!
Welcome to INSPIRE,
a blog for creative inspiration.

I am here to share with you, a brief tutorial
on how to turn an old shoe into an inspired treasure.

I have had these pointed toe "mules" for many years. They were loved, and were worn well.
Older feet, means more comfort in footwear,
and well, these were never comfortable.


My inspiration to transform the shoe,
came from 2 sources, the opulent styling's of
Marie Antoinette, and the GORGEOUS ruffled trim, appliques, flower, braided & ruffled satin ribbons
from The Vintage Rose Emporium.

I began by "cleaning" the entire shoe with warm soapy water. Once dry, I applied 2 coats of white gesso to the entire shoe.
 

I had purchased a beautiful shabby chic printed tissue paper on clearance a while back, so I used the various prints, to cover the inside, front and heal of the shoe, applied with matte medium.

I used permanent fabric glue, to adhere to rows of the luscious sheer, pink satin trimmed ruffle trim to the inner edge of the shoe, in addition to the braided trim, flower and a single portion of the sheer trim to the back of the shoe.


I created mini rosettes to complement the flower
on the front of the shoe, and added them to each side where the sheer trim ended.


To complete the shoe, VRE heart applique, and floral bow, in addition to the white ribbon bows (a gift from a crafty friend), beaded trim, white feathers & for the sole and heal cap, I used some rose-gold paint, all from my personal stash.





So, there you have it, an easy and elegant transformation for an old shoe.



I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial, and find yourself inspired by this project.

For absolutely beautiful trims, ribbon, lace, appliques and more, that are vintage or vintage inspired
visit The Vintage Rose Emporium.


Until next time,
Crafty Blessings!





No comments:

Post a Comment