Thursday, February 2, 2017

Flea Market Shabby Romantic Bottle

Hello there,
welcome to INSPIRE.

As promised earlier this week, 
I am here to share a second project
created with items from
The Vintage Rose Emporium.

How is this for an "upcycle" project?
A "Flea Market Shabby Bottle".


The floral print design, is actually a napkin
from VRE.
As it turns out, I used the entire napkin 
on this project.


I prepped the bottle by removing the labels
with warm soapy water.
Once thoroughly dried, I applied 2 coats of gesso, and 1 coat of milk paint, in shabby pink.


To apply napkin to the bottle, I first removed the second blank layer of the napkin
to enhance a near see through effect
for the chalk paint to show through the design.
I then applied the napkin with a matte medium.
I also dry brushed gesso very lightly over the napkin, to complete the shabby look.

I had an antique glass door know in my personal stash, that was perfect for the top of the bottle.

I used a variety of VRE items to finish the look, including a rhinestone buckle, satin trimmed sheer ribbon wrapped around the neck of the bottle, and through the buckle, flat back pearl trim, and heart appliqués.




I have got to say, I think I am in love with 
this project, and how shabby it turned out.



I hope you find yourself inspired to create something beautiful too.

Visit The Vintage Rose Emporium
for your vintage, and vintage inspired 
crafting supplies.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1403440756344726/

Thanks so much for visiting!
Crafty Blessings!






No comments:

Post a Comment