Thursday, January 5, 2017

Something Cheerful

Hello everyone!
Welcome to INSPIRE.
 
It has been far to long since I have shared any creativity with you, today, that drought ends.
 
A couple of months ago, I had started to create an 8x10 mixed media canvas, but kind of got stumped on where to go after adding paper remnants and some gesso.
 
 
 
This week, I found myself inspired, and finally completed this canvas for my "art" wall in my crafting space.
 
I wanted something cheerful & inspiring, and I think I have accomplished that.
 
I used a great variety of products and techniques on this project.
Including gesso, matte medium, texture paste, paint, distress inks & markers, spray ink,
embellishments, digi prints, stencils, scraps of paper and chipboard.
 
 
The early stages of the canvas.
 
 
I added an additional coat of gesso before adding any ink or paint.
 
Using my finger, I created "bubbles" with paint, creating dimension in colors and shading.
 
 
I used stencils in text & honeycomb design with texture paste in the background designs.
 
Finishing the design, I used gesso dry brushed over the entire canvas.
 
The finished canvas.
 
 
I hope you enjoy this project and brief tutorial, and find yourself inspired too.
 
Thank You for stopping by
please visit again soon.
 
Crafty Blessings!

 

 

 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment