Thursday, November 10, 2016

Victorian Inspired Christmas

Hello Everyone!
Stopping in to share my recent projects, Victorian inspired Christmas decorations.


Naturally, I had found 2 similar projects
 on Pinterest (I AM ADDICTED)
and wanted to give them a try.

Here is what I used:
Wood Triangle
Small Tree Branch
Peat Pot
Gesso
Texture Paste
Glue
Glitter
Acrylic Paint
Distress Ink
Fine Grit Sandpaper
Decorative Paper
Snowflake/Ornament Embellishments
Photo Pins
Bottle Brush Tree
Styrofoam Ball
Faux Snow 
Pearl Trim
Ribbon 


I used a gesso base coat on both the wooden triangle & peat pot.

When the gesso fully dried on peat pot, I then painted it with a Rose Gold acrylic paint.

For the tree ornament, I cut vintage sheet music & decorative paper, glued to each side of the ornament,  lightly distressed front & back edges as well as the sides, and very lightly, brushed Rose Gold paint to all surfaces, and enhanced all edges with distress ink.



To finish the peat pot, I used texture paste, along with a sprinkle of glitter, to mimic dripping snow around the top edge. After gluing the ball on the inside if the pot, I used the same texture process, but also sprinkling with faux snow (the type used for Christmas Villages). 


To finish the tree ornament, I pre-filled a shallow hole on the bottom,  cut tree branches to an unchanged piece, and secured with glue.
To the top, I added photo pin and ribbon, and on one side only, I added a glittered snowflake embellishment.

To finish the pot, I secured with glue, 
 a bead wrapped, bottle brush tree, photo pin with printed Santa image (also found on Pinterest), and ornaments on top of the "faux snow", and I also glued a glittered foam snowflake to the front to complete the look.



Whew, seems like a lot of work, but these were fairly easy to create, and didn't take a lot if time to do.


Thanks for stopping by, with this gal being in the Christmas spirit, there are no doubt, more Christmas projects to come!

Please visit again!
Crafty Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment