Sunday, November 13, 2016

Angelic Wonderland

Hello Everyone.
Wanted to share my latest project for
The Vintage Rose Emporium.
 

I think that I have become quite
addicted creating with Peat Pots.
Yes, Peat Pots.
 
These little delicate pots,
are not just for planting,
but can be made into the most
BEAUTIFUL decorations,
for holidays or just because.
 
Today, I am sharing
a Christmas decorative pot,
with delicate color and lots of sparkle.
 
I first coated the peat pot with white gesso, leaving areas exposing the natural color of the pot.
Once gesso dried, I dry brush with pearl paint in a delicate green & pink, still leaving the natural areas slightly exposed.
 
Next, I took a 4-inch white bottle brush tree, and added some pigment powders with a small fan brush, in a layered design, very LIGHTLY spritzing with water to soften.
 
 
I used glitter glue to a Victorian angel image I found on Pinterest.
Once everything had dried, I began adding glitter with a very light coat of glue medium to the "snowy" base of the top of the pot.
 
Final touches of Christmas embellishments, and BEAUTIFUL lace, buttons and a domed vintage style brooch from The Vintage Rose Emporium,
bringing the entire look together,
creating a delicate Victorian Christmas piece of décor.
 
 
 


 
I hope you enjoy this project, as much as I did creating it.
 
 
Please be sure to visit The Vintage Rose Emporium
for vintage, and vintage inspired goodies for your creative projects.
 
 
 
Thank You for stopping by,
visit again soon, for more projects
created to INSPIRE.
 
Crafty Blessings To All!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment