Saturday, October 1, 2016

The Robin's Nest Design Team Call 2017

Hello Everybody!
 
Welcome to INSPIRE.
 
 
We still have a couple of months left in 2016, but over at The Robin's Nest, it is Design Team Call time, in prep for the upcoming year.
 
 
I have so enjoyed my time being part of this company's amazing design team, and being among many great & talented designers.
 
 
Today, I wanted to share with all of you, my project for the 2017 DT Call.
 
 
 
I have had this bottle in my stash for quite some time, and thought it would be a perfect base for a mermaid/message in the bottle theme.
 
First, the supply list.
 
From The Robin's Nest
Blue Fleur Cardstock
Neon Blue Dew Drops
Lily Pad Dew Drops
Water Dew Drops
Baby Tear Drops
Sea Glass Tear Drops
*All Drops used were the blue or clear variety*
 
 
 
Personal Supplies
Bottle
Mod Podge Melt Embellishments
Sea Shells (variety)
Cheesecloth
Gesso
Texture Sand
Acrylic Paint
Glitter
Glue
Mini Vial
Rope
Ink Sprays
6x6 Handwritten Design Paper
Heat Tool
 
I used teal ink spray on the inside of the bottle,
to give the appearance of water.
Once dry, I curled a handwritten design 6x6 paper, and added it inside of the bottle.

 
I sprayed strips of cheesecloth, with brown & green ink spray, drying it with heat tool.
I used texture sand in white gesso, and applied it randomly all over the bottle.
 
Once dried, I very lightly sprayed with teal & green ink spray, followed by lightly using glitter glue, to give each sandy area more definition.
 

 
From this point, I attached the stained cheesecloth, around the bottle, glued various sizes of seashells all over the bottle, and added sea themed embellishments.

 
I used my electric die cut machine, to cut a mermaid silhouette, and lilies, from The Robin's Nest cardstock, added pearl stamens to the lilies, and used glitter glue on the mermaid & lilies.
 
 
 
 
 
Final touches came by randomly gluing dew drops, to resemble bubbles, and using the tear dew drops in the mini vial, as mermaid tears.
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this project and tutorial, by far, one of my favorite projects as of late.
 
 
 
Thank You for visiting, be sure to visit
The Chattering Robin's  Blog for inspiration from the uber talented designers.
 
 
You can find unique and exclusive paper, bling, embellishments and so much more at
The Robin's Nest online store.
 
 
 
Crafty Blessings!
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment