Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Music of the Night

Hello Everyone!
 
 
Stopping in to share another project I finished over the weekend, doing some "upcycling" and using beautiful ribbon and bling
 from The Vintage Rose Emporium.
 
 
 
 
I have had a beautiful , shimmery fabric covered 4x6 tabletop oval frame for 20+ years, and the braided trim around it had not only faded, but had started to fall off.
 
To add new life to it, I chose to go with a 
"Phantom of the Opera" theme.
 

After removing the original braided ribbon, and replacing it with new (VRE) I stayed with the fabric that was still in tact, adding black lace and shimmery red ribbon from (VRE) in a tufted fashion.
 
 
 
I removed the glass from the frame, and added texture embossed black cardstock, emphasized with some Perfect Pearl powder, and used this as the background base for mounting my die cut
Phantom mask.
 
I then finished the design with adding bling in the flat tufted recesses of the lace and ribbon, and further embellished the bottom of the frame with a large red rose (VRE) and coordinating tiny roses, some die cut paper leaves, a small torn piece of vintage sheet music, and a die cut music note bar to the top of the frame.
 
 
 
Looking for vintage and vintage items for your crafting, visit The Vintage Rose Emporium.
 
 
I hope you enjoy this project, and I hope you will visit again real soon!
 
 
 
Crafty Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment