Sunday, May 1, 2016

Blooms Are Bliss

You know, sometimes all the "busy-ness" of life can be so very distracting. It seems as though it has taken me just a bit longer than I had planned, to get back to my "happy space", shutting all that does not pertain to finding my bliss, turning on good tunes, and creating my big heart out.

 
 
No "Calgon take me away moment", but the pure joy and beauty of creating my blooms. And so many more to come. with the big sale at Michael's this week (EEEEEEEEEEE-really can not contain my excitement!)

 So, Just a lil' peak, of a few that I have been working on.

Using my tried and true cutting machine (oh how I LOVE my Silhouette) I cut out various sizes on my 65lb. weight cardstock, distressing the edges  with Tim Holtz Distress inks in both Peacock feathers & Brushed Corduroy, then using a dry detailing brush technique, with Tulip Metallic Fabric Paint, to add a bit of "glamour" to the petals, and using coordinating gold paint, to color clear "berry" beads to use in the center.



 
 

The finished results......................

 
 
And now for something completely different.........
At least for me..........
 
Vintage Blossoms-created with vintage scarves and material (and some leftovers from some worn out jeans)
 
 
 
 
While I have never considered myself to be a froo-froo
girly kind of girl, I have a profound fondness for frilly flowers.
 
In reorganizing my jewelry the other day, I came across one of my very first mixed media projects. Using Petaloo Paper flowers, Vintaj bronze filigrees & chain, and adding some genuine pearls for dangles, making a necklace, that can be dressed up, or dressed down.
 

 
 
Hopefully, these projects find you feeling inspired.
 
Please leave a comment, letting me know you were here!
 
Thank You
so much for stopping by!
 
Crafty Blessings To You!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment